CHANGSHA MEDICAL UNIVERSITY
CSMU, formerly known as South Hunan Health Vocational School, was founded in 1989. In 1999, it was upgraded to South Hunan Medical College and in March, 2005 it got upgraded to Changsha Medical University by Ministry of Education. It is recognized by WHO (World Health Organization).
CSMU has two campuses:
1: Changsha Campus (new Campus)
2: Hengyang Campus (old Campus)
Changsha Campus is located in Changsha, capital city of Hunan and has an area of over 1260 mu (84 hectares), with general assets of 2.3 billion Yuan (RMB). The floorage covers 565 thousand square meters.
Hengyang campus is located in Hengyang City, in the western suburbs, close to the scenic West Lake Park and Shek Kwu Park. Campus has an area of 200 mu, building area of 30,000 square meters, more than 40 million Yuan worth of teaching facilities
CSMU has an area of over 1260 mu (84 hectares). The floorage covers 633 thousand square meters. CSMU has more than 1100 teachers, of which 439 are with associate or full professor’s academic titles and 6 are from USA, UK and Netherlands. CSMU has one constructing program of provincial level key discipline, one demonstration laboratory at the provincial level, 2 key specialties at the provincial level, 2 provincial level excellent courses and 4 qualified laboratories for foundation courses at the provincial level. CSMU was granted as a supporting institution for National Natural Science Foundation and National Social Science Foundation projects in 2008.